HomeFix Corporation - Scammed out of $2915

Brunswick, Maryland 0 comments

Signed contract with Home Fix Corporation on 02/28/2014 for roof replacement and gave $2915 deposit via debit card. The contract stated that the work was to commence within 6-8 weeks of signing contract. Six weeks later, I had not heard from company, so I began calling to find out status and was told after each time after five calls that I would be contacted right away. When I was finally able to get someone on the phone 04/14/2014, I was told there is no record of my contract and that someone would call me back. When I called Home Fix at 9:00am on 04/15/2014, there was no answer. Since there was no answer via phone, I drove to their physical office on to find it empty - as if they ran off in the night.

I am prosecuting to the fullest extent of the law and exposing them on any/every media possible and reporting to any/all agencies that exist.

Review about: Roof Replacement.

HomeFix Corporation - HOMEFIX of Gburg, HOMEFIX CORP, HOMEFIX INC, ALL THE SAME COMPANY!!!

Maryland Case Search.com, ALL OF THESE COMPANIES ARE THE SAME! pull up all companies and look at the owners, look at all the law suits against them.

Look at how many times they have changed names, look at how they continually relocate and change "resident agents". They are ALL THE SAME COMPANY, THEY ARE ALL SCAMMERS AND *** ARTISTS!!! If they hadnt been able to change their names so often, the state would of shut them down already, they are scamming our judicial system just as bad as they will try to scam you!!!

This company is pathetic, they should be ashamed!!! I think their lawsuits speak volumes.

Review about: Scamming.

Comments

Homefix_Corp2013
Baltimore, Maryland, United States #666614

Homefix Corporation is a leading team of home improvement professionals serving Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC. We have two office locations (410) 760-1777.

1506 Joh Ave Baltimore, MD 21227.

(703) 383-0400, 10301 Democracy Ln, Fairfax, VA 22030. HomeFix Corporation is NOT affiliated with HomeFix Corporation of Gaithersburg.

to Homefix_Corp2013 #1154223

This is true I recently found this out and I know this for a fact! Inside knowledge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blacktown, New South Wales, Australia #644712

i think one post on this company would be sufficient, otherwise its kind of hard to take it seriously. maybe you should get a hobby or a job.

THese companies are all owned by the same scam/conartist. I year ago I got duped by them, the man stalked me, a year later, they oddly show up at my door last night again.

They told me they were not the same company. I was told they were not the same company last year. Well, guess what, fool me once, whoa is me, fool me twice, not gonna happen!!!Well, if you pull up Maryland Case Search website, pull up both companies, do a little bit of research, you will see they are all owned by the same two people. Alls they do is switch their names around, switch the "resident agent" and switch locations, over and over and over again.

These two men have been doing this since the early 90's!!!! Oddly enough the wife of one of the owners has been married to two men with the same last name? Jeeze, that sounds kind of odd. Is the man changing his real name to avoid lawsuits?

Hmmm, go to mdcasesearch and find out!!! TOTAL ***-ARTIST!!!

Review about: Being Scammed.

Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States #686877

The people at Homefix of Gaithersburg are a bunch of rude, disrespectful individuals. The guy was just in my neighborhood and tried to pick a fight with me. He says he has the right to expand his business and not pay attention to any signs that say do not solicit.

Homefix_Corp2013

1506 Joh Ave Baltimore, MD 21227.

HomeFix Corporation - Terrible Service, Terrible Work

Germantown, Maryland 0 comments

I know I have complained before about how the salesman came into my house, asked for wine like he was interested in me and then sold me some overpriced windows. Well now, I have something else to complain about.

The actual work and these no good workers (or hired day laborers) that came and installed my windows and doors. The sealant on the windows looks like something I could of done and I am not licensed to put in windows. There is caulk all over my windows and to top it off, it took them two days to install a storm door that I was charged $1000 for and the door does not lock AT ALL.

What is the point of having a door for added security and the thing DOES NOT WORK!!!! Very upset and I wished I would of shopped around to get my windows done because now I am in the process of selling my house and when people come and look at this mess, that is a complete turn off and who has $10,000 to redo windows and a door?

Review about: Windows.

HomeFix Corporation - Harrassing Phone Calls

Centreville, Virginia 2 comments

I had an appointment set up to get a free estimate on windows and a sliding glass door. When the day came up my son got sent to the er and I had to take care of that first so I had to cancel the appt.

Since that day mind you 3 months ago.. I have been getting 3 to 4 phone calls a day. I want them to stop calling me this is harrassment and the company could loose their business if I decide to take further action.

IM DONE WITH THEM!!! If they read this please stop calling me

Review about: Harassing Phone Calls.

Comments

Homefix_Corp2013

We are sorry you have had trouble with HomeFix regarding multiple phone calls. Please contact Adam Shampaine, SVP of HomeFix Fairfax on his direct mobile phone (443) 730-2331 and he will personally see to it that your issue is resolved.

Ashburn, Virginia, United States #661167

My wife gave them our number to in regard to a potential estimate for a roof. My wife and I have received more phone calls than you can imagine from these people.

And this is after asking to be removed from their lists multiple times. My wife has easily been called 10 or more times, every time she'll ask to be removed from their lists. One woman just flat out hung up on her.

HomeFix might do great work, I don't know. But unfortunately their customer service/marketing department is abysmal and this experience would prevent me from hiring them to do anything.

HomeFix Corporation - Homefix 24/7 spoke to my dead mother

London, England 0 comments

Homefix 24/7 sold my mother insurance for her sky satellite dish for £75 a year – questionable insurance in that the cost of a call out is less. However the real concern is that their sales techniques.

Their sales people used high pressure telephone sales but the real beauty was when they wrote to my mother in October saying - "following our telephone conversation of 3rd October we enclose your renewal documents.

The telephone conversation where they claimed she had renewed her policy was remarkable given that she had by that point been dead for several weeks. Makes one wonder doesn’t it

Review about: High Pressure Telephone Sales.

HomeFix Corporation - HomeFix

Hanover, Maryland 2 comments

HomeFix solicited me for what they advertise as a FREE ESTIMATE. After sitting through over 2 hours of the most horrible sales pitch ever I would not sign a contract.

My sales representative, Graham, snatched the estimate from my hands. When I asked about my NO OBLIGATION FREE ESTIMATE he said he would send it to me in the mail. That was over three weeks ago. No estimate ever received.

What a HUGE waste of my time. At this point, if I can't even get the no obligation estimate, I would NEVER sign a contract with them. My sales representative, Graham, was consensending and rude.

When when the light bulb finally went off in his head that I was not going to sign a $23,000 contract on the spot, he packed up his samples (and damaged my cherry wood dining room table in his haste) and left with a BIG ATTITUDE! Stay away from HOMEFIX - they are SCAM ARTISTS.

Review about: Siding.

Silver Spring, Maryland, United States #813567

I just spoke to Graham a few minutes ago. 1 hour pitch for a roof, lots of it was the common pressure sales techniques; meh, I figured that was par for the course.

When I finally convinced him that I wasn't going to buy yet, he started to walk away with the numbers.

I asked for them, and he did hand them over. He did leave very quickly and became rather terse when he knew he wasn't going to make a sale, but I wouldn't exactly say it was with a big bad attitude.

The comment posted below is exactly what happen to my husband and I. But, once he finally got the hint he told us "that he had to call his office to get his next address".

My husband and I knew that Graham was calling to talk to his boss. He told his boss that we wanted him out of our home and we were wrapping it up and had to put their kid to bed. He was condescending and when he wouldn't stop talking we told him we were upfront and were only looking for the estimate. We also told them upfront that we were not going to sign anything.

He stormed out of our house and peeled out of our driveway and up the street. We will not be doing business with them. Here is the previouse email from anonymous... We HomeFix solicited me for what they advertise as a FREE ESTIMATE.

After sitting through over 2 hours of the most horrible sales pitch ever I would not sign a contract. My sales representative, Graham, snatched the estimate from my hands!. When I asked about my NO OBLIGATION FREE ESTIMATE he said he would send it to me in the mail". That was over three weeks ago,.

No estimate ever received.. What a HUGE waste of my time:. At this point, if I can't even get the no obligation estimate, I would NEVER sign a contract with them,. My sales representative, Graham, was consensending and rude,.

Stay away from HOMEFIX - they are SCAM ARTISTS. 4e2e26

HomeFix Corporation - Homwfix had my 80yr old blind mother sign a contract for a new roof

Newville, Pennsylvania 1 comment

Homefix called my 80 yr old legally blind mother randomly to solicit some business ie sell a roofing job. They told her how great they were and that they had the most competitive price and if they could meet with her today she would get a FREE estimate.

She agreed and they were there within a couple of hours. The salesperson asked her how old the roof was and she told him that Dad had a new roof put on in 1987. He told her that roofs only last 20 years so it was really time to replace it. He went up on the roof to do the Free inspection.

When he came down they told her that she had shingles missing and now she had rotten areas in the roof. It really needed to be replaced. He totally snowed her. He wrote up a contract and had her sign it.

My mother has Macular Degeneration and cannot read type unless it's back lit and enlarged 20x and that takes time. He had another appointment to get to, so he read it to her!!!!! Can you believe it! Wouldn't even leave it for her to go over it with someone else!

But, he waited around long enough to write him a deposit check of $4807.00. Luckily when she told me about it I was able to contact her bank and stop the check. While at the bank I called the phone# on the contract and canceled the contract. The guy I spoke to said he hand deliver the check to my mother and I told him to destroy it since it was no good anymore the banker said he needed to mail it back.

I called Mom to tell her it was taken care of and guess who comes knocking on her door!! I told not to open it and just say "We canceled the contract".

I believe that what the did is criminal. Taking advantage of the elderly and disabled is a crime and they should lose their licence.

Review about: New Roof Contract.

Comments

DarkLord3188 on June 26, 2010 bit . ly/aJFEMiSaving money with InsureMyCar4Less is simple.

After you fill out our quick oinlne form, you get free auto insurance quotes from the best providers in the industry.

They compete for your business, and you save money.bit . ly/aJFEMi

HomeFix Corporation - Happy with Homefix, went with them twice

Silver Spring, Maryland 1 comment

Homefix of Fairfax replaced my roof last year and they did a great job. They were professional, friendly, and knowledgeable.

They did the work in a timely fashion, and I was happy with the job. Last week, I had them come back to replace my storm door and a sliding door in the back. Again, everything went well and I was very satisfied. I even recommended Homefix to a neighbor and she had them replace all her windows.

She was satisfied as well.

When I replace my windows down the line I fully intend to back to Homefix again. I'd recommend Homefix to anybody.

Review about: Roof.

Comments

Thanks for the kind words!

HomeFix Corporation - Filled out a credit application in my name w/o my approval

Washington, District Of Columbia 5 comments

In VA, you have 3 days to terminate the contract after signing, in case you change your mind. I was pushed really hard to sign a contract when I didn't even want to, to lock in the price, which was good.

There were several variables I was uncomfortable with, and I found someone I liked better the next day. I was told by Scott that all I had to do was call him to cancel. I had NOT authorized him to seek credit for me for the project. When I called to cancel and was sending in my written notice, Scott said that I HAD TO COME TO THE OFFICE because he had gotten me approved for a loan for the project, and THAT IF I DIDN'T COME TO THEIR OFFICE IT WOULD AFFECT MY CREDIT!

I never asked for that AND HAD TOLD HIM I NEEDED AT LEAST 2 DAYS TO DECIDE AND CONFIRM.

Also, Even AFTER meeting with the salesman Scott, I was called to set up a first estimate though he had been there already!

Now I feel they are being lying, extortionist, as well as using my identity info for fraudulent credit request and I am getting hassled by them when I DO NOT WANT THEM FOR THE WORK AND I AM WELL WITHIN MY THREE DAYS.

Review about: Home Renovation.

Same exact experience!

We've arrievd at the end of the line and I have what I need!

WOW, this is very sad and pathetic. This is exactly what they did to me. I complained and made a huge point to make them acknowledge that I was given a contract that was missing the third page, the PAGE THAT HAS THE INTENT TO CANCEL!!! This is fraud!!! They are still doing exactly what they did to me. I wrote my complaint on 3/12/2012, but apparently this REALLY is their practice. This is pathetic!!! Highly unprofessional, they keep it up, they are going to get sued!!!!

BTW, HOMEFIX, DONT CONTACT ME AGAIN ABOUT THIS COMMENT YOU DESERVE IT NOW!!!!! THERES NOTHING TO SAY YOU ARE SORRY FOR!!! THIS IS THE WAY YOU RUN YOUR COMPANY, THEN AND NOW!!! YOU WILL GET SUED!!

If your company thinks sooo many employees are out to get you, you should really consider taking a good look at your practices. When everyone else is saying the same things, you really need to look at yourself honestly!!!

Szthdy-

I am sincerely sorry for your frustrating experience with us. If you would please email me at customerservice@homefixcorporation.com I would appreciate the chance to make things right. Again, I apologize for your experience.

It got even WORSE. Scott Gramm had NOT provided the legal form for the notice of cancellation that THE CONTRACT EVEN REFERS TO is SUPPOSED to be provided (deliberate, I am sure).

They demanded that I had to come IN because of the financing they had arranged (again without my approval) would damage my credit (extortionist). When I went there, I provided a letter that is legal to use to cancel a contract when the notice has not been provided. Legally, you must have a dated receipt from the company that they received this. When I asked the receptionist (Laine Anderson) for a receipt of the cancellation letter, she said she wasn't authorized to do that, and her bosses don't come in for at least another hour.

They (she was joined by marketing director, Margaret Anderson) then accused me of attacking and threatening, when I mentioned that this felt like manipulations by the company to force me to keep the contract. They demanded I leave, though they were saying that no one could cancel the contract as requested, and it did have to be done that day.

THEN, when she finally got her boss, Adam Shampain, on the phone, when I explained to him that I did not authorize opening any credit account for me, he argued with me that they did have authorization to obtain credit for me, within the contract, whether I had completed such an application or authorized such verbally or not. When I expressed concern that the receptionist had stated she could not complete the cancellation, he said "Don't worry, I'll scan and e-mail it (the cancellation) to you an you'll never have to hear from us again".

This company handles themselves in manner that is manipulative, misleading, fraudulent, and extortionist, ultimately disrespectful to customers. WATCH OUT!

I now am fearful since they have my personal information what other possible fraudulent uses they could damage my identity and credit. :?

View more comments